Team of locally based
across the UK
Manifold System Testing for North Sea Oil Rig
ISI Published 22nd November 2012
We recently completed the testing of a sub-sea manifold for BP, as part of BP’s £650m Devenick gas project in the central North Sea, a project which will significantly increase UK gas production over the next few years.
Hydrostatic pressure testing of the super duplex stainless steel manifold was carried out at our Nuneaton test house. 25,000 PSI pressure was applied for a 24 hour period, to test the reliability of the sealing arrangements and strength of materials used.
On completion of testing, the components were transported to Aberdeen for assembly. The several hundred ton manifold was then floated into the middle of the North Sea, where it was lowered to the sea bed.
BP and their sub-contractors entrusted ISI with this vitally important work because of our isolatable test house facility and vast experience in hydrostatic pressure testing, bespoke blast screens and our understanding of HSE guidance note GS4 (Safety in Pressure Testing).
More information about the Devenick Project
- This important project will provide a new source of domestic gas for the UK.
- The Devenick field is located 34km north of the East Brae platform in the Central North Sea.
- The field was first discovered in 1983 and a further three appraisal wells were drilled between 1986 and 2001.
- The development connects gas production to the Devenick subsea manifold via specially insulated flowlines. The gas is then sent
- to the East Brae platform via a 16” insulated 34km pipeline.
- Total gas in place in the Devenick field is estimated at 430 billion standard cubic feet and production is expected to last until 2025.
For additional detail about the project, visit www.bp.com
Or find out more about ISI’s hydrostatic pressure testing services
©2017 Industrial Safety Inspections Limited, All rights reserved
Head Office: Lea Lodge, Monwode Lea, Ansley, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0QU, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1675 481779 | Fax: +44 (0)1675 481 780
Website and Internet Marketing by WSI