Team of locally based
across the UK
Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
Hydrostatic or hydraulic pressure testing of pressure vessels, pipework, components and systems may be required following manufacture, to prove the design, material quality / strength and / or sealing arrangements, to ensure longevity and reliability of manufacture.
For pressure vessels in use, hydro testing may be needed:
- At periodic intervals
- Following a statutory inspection where significant corrosion is identified
- Where you have concerns about performance of “older” equipment
- Following an incident, damage or repair to the pressure vessel
After extended periods of service, pressure vessels may experience excessive corrosion of the parent material resulting in a loss of wall thickness which may reduce the vessel’s strength.
Ultrasonic thickness measurement tests can be used to measure wall thickness and identify whether the pressure vessel can still perform at its required safe operating pressure.
By performing hydrostatic testing, ISI’s test engineers can assess the vessels suitability for future service.
Hydraulic & Pneumatic Pressure Testing
Hydraulic testing and implosion testing, on-site or at ISI’s test house to a maximum pressure of 10,344 bar / 150,000 p.s.i. on an infinite range of pneumatic and hydraulic equipment:
- Air Receivers
- Proto Types
- Petro Chemical Installations
- Hydraulic / Pneumatic Fittings / Assemblies
- Shot Blast Vessels
- Heat Exchanges
- Steam Boilers
- Hot Water Boilers
- North Sea Gas / Oil Pipework
- Pressure Vessels
- Prototypes / New Products
Please call our pressure testing specialists on 01675 481779 for advice and information