Team of locally based
across the UK
Pressure Vessel and Pressure System Inspection
The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR) require pressure systems to be inspected in accordance with a Written Scheme of Examination.
The regulations apply to owners and users of pressure systems containing a relevant fluid including steam, gases under pressure and any fluid kept artificially under pressure and which becomes a gas when released to the atmosphere.
There is a legal requirement for thorough examination of pressure vessels and receivers that contain steam, compressed air and refrigerants. Any pressure vessel containing compressed gas over 250 bar / litres capacity requires inspection.
To establish whether you need a pressure vessel inspection, multiply the vessel operating pressure (in bar units) by the vessel capacity (in Litres) i.e. 10 bar x 50 Litres = 500 bar / litres Capacity and therefore is above the 250 bar / litre threshold and requires an inspection with a written scheme of examination.
Owner / users of refrigeration plant containing pressure vessels, with compressor power over 25 kilowatts also require a written scheme of examination and inspection.
ISI can provide you with full compliance, by means of thorough examination together with Written Scheme of Examination documentation.
See more information about PSSR 2000 >
Pressure Systems Inspection Services
- Free impartial advice by phone – whether you have one or multiple vessels/systems
- Statutory plant survey to identify PSSR inspection requirements (for an agreed fee)
- No-obligation quote for all identified inspection requirements
- Test-house facility available if required
- Inspection Service contract and schedule
- PSSR Inspections by friendly, qualified engineers, by appointment
- Immediate feedback should any serious defects be identified
- Summary and review of any queries arising from the inspection, at the end of the visit
- Written reports by post or via our online reporting system
- ISI will manage your PSSR inspection schedule for you and let you know well in advance when inspections are due
- On-site or test house facilities to prove / validate repaired vessels
- Hydrostatic pressure testing
- Air tank testing
- N.D.T – Non-destructive testing of vessel and steam boiler welds to PCN level 3