Team of locally based
across the UK
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 require employers to operate and maintain extraction and Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Plant in a safe condition. An initial COSHH assessment should be performed on LEV plant, to determine the level of hazard and amount of airborne contamination, using air sampling. This LEV assessment will determine whether the system is sufficient and provides a benchmark for future thorough examinations.
The local exhaust ventilation regulations (COSHH reg 9) then stipulate a14 monthly, 6 monthly or monthly LEV inspection, including examination and testing by a competent person.
LEV Testing (Local Exhaust Ventilation Plant)
ISI can arrange full LEV testing, assessment, examination and certification of relevant plant, to achieve COSHH compliance.
See more information about COSHH >
LEV Inspection Services
- Free impartial advice by phone
- Statutory plant survey to identify inspection requirements (for an agreed fee)
- No-obligation quote for the identified COSHH 9 inspection requirements
- Local Exhaust Inspection service contract and schedule
- Inspections by friendly, professional engineers, by appointment
- Immediate feedback if any serious defects are identified
- Summary and review of any queries arising from the LEV inspection, at the end of the visit
- Written reports by post or via our online reporting system
- ISI will manage the COSHH 9 inspection schedule for you and let you know well in advance when inspections are due
For all local exhaust ventilation testing and inspection requirements, contact ISI.
LEV inspection and testing services available throughout the UK.